Long Island Soil Health Field Day
Wednesday, November 1, 2017,
8:30 AM -
Learn practical ways to enhance soil health, improve farm productivity, and protect water quality using compost.
- Introduction to the beneﬁts & challenges of utilizing compost
- Proper siting & management of compost piles
- What is good compost?
- Composting application equipment displays
- How to make your own compost!
- Sandy Menasha, Vegetable/Potato Specialist, CCE Suﬀolk County
- Jean Bonhotal, Director, Cornell Waste Management Institute
- Liz Camps, NRCS
- Corey Humphrey, Suﬀolk County SWCD
- Ken Johnson, Suﬀolk County SWCD
Farmer Compost Panel Featuring:
- Phil Schmitt, Schmitt Family Farm
- Fred Lee, Sang Lee Farms
- Clark McComb, Briermere Farm
Harbes Family Farm - Harbes Vineayard Wine Barn
715 Sound Avenue, Mattituck
Space is limited so reserve your spot today! Pre-registration closes October 25th!
Phone: Peconic Land Trust (631)-283-3195 x30
Email: Jessie Marcus firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fee only $20 -Includes Brunch Buffet