4-H Education Program Manager
4-H Education Program Manager, Suffolk County Farm, Yaphank, NY
Job Description Summary
position provides leadership in planning, managing, implementation, and
assisting in evaluating community based 4-H Youth Development Programs at the
Suffolk County Farm and Education Center.This includes:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the education
programs at the Suffolk County Farm and Education Center, including
schools programs and day camps.
- Responsibility for program development, planning,
implementation and evaluation utilizing research and existing resources to
create educational programs.
- Supervising all education, camp and oversight to
volunteers—including scheduling, conflict resolution and personnel
- Developing and implementing the marketing plan for on
and off-site education programs, camp and special events.
- Developing, monitoring and maintaining the County
budget and revenue for education program.
- Overseeing operations for the Nature Explore Classroom
and Snack Bar including, programming and expenditures.
- Responsibility for generating resources to support
existing and new programs through planning effective strategic funding
- Teaching education
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field.
- 2 years volunteer or related work experience relevant to the
role of the position.
- Experience working with youth ages K-12 in an informal education
- Program development, financial planning, budget development and
teaching experience required.
- Knowledge of agriculture and livestock.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work
effectively with advisory boards and committees, community and funding
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet travel requirements
associated with this position, including the occasional transport of materials.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, teach and evaluate informal
educational programs through a variety of delivery methods.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and effectively participate in
professional team efforts.
- Proven ability to work with and support volunteer leadership and
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
of various ages, gender, ethnic backgrounds, educational levels, and learning
- Demonstrated effective skills in grant writing and budgeting.
- Ability to effectively participate in professional team efforts.
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse audiences and
maintain cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and
visual channels using traditional methods and educational tools, as well as
electronic technology (e.g., video, audio, computers, etc.).
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards, if
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or
weekends, as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral,
written and visual means.
- Knowledge of social media and communication tools, including
press releases, website development.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technologies for
educational and communication purposes, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work with and utilize internal and external
collaborators at multiple levels within an organization and across communities.
- Coursework in school administration, program development and/or
- Experience handling farm animals.
- Experience training farm animals.
- Ability to obtain Advanced First Aid & CPR/AED
certifications, and other certifications that may become required for the
position as needed to meet Suffolk County and New York State youth camp
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornell Cooperative Extension
is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and
Individuals with Disabilities.
Range: 60,000.00 annually
Hours: Exempt position 40+
Benefits: Full Benefits
HOW TO APPLY:
**Please provide BOTH a resume and cover letter ***
Review of applications will
begin immediately. Position will remain open until qualified pool of candidates
is obtained. Applicants need to attach/upload a resume to the online
application in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the “Experience” section
of your application, use the Paperclip icon to search for file(s) or use the
“Drop Files Here” box to manually drag document(s) into your application. Once the application is submitted you will not be able to change
your submission or add attachments.
External Applicants: (including current
employees of other Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations) please refer to
the Applying for a Job (External Candidate)document for
additional guidance ApplyHere.
Internal Applicants: Current employees
of the Cornell Cooperative Extension Association indicated in this job posting
are considered internal applicants; please refer to the Applying for a Job (Internal Candidate) document for additional guidance.
Questions please contact: Valerie Smith, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
No relocation or VISA
The Association may make reasonable
accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and
employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an
accommodation so that you may participate in the selection process you are
encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at
(607) 255-6120, or via email at: email@example.com.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a
collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of
Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per
NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate
government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed
and not with Cornell University
Last updated April 5, 2019