Farm Educator - Part Time
Part Time Educator Position Available
Educator needed for Cornell
Cooperative Extension’s Suffolk County Farm & Education Center based at the
Suffolk County Farm, Yaphank. Starting date is somewhat flexible.
Job Title: Educator
Job Classification: Temporary
Program - Casual
Salary: $13.69 per hour, 0-20 hours per week
- Teach agriculture,
environmental science, animal science, and historical educational programs
at the Suffolk County Farm and Education Center during weekday, evening,
and weekend hours as needed.
- Facilitate weekend family
programs on the farm including birthday parties, and assist with festivals
and special events.
- Conduct classes in libraries, classrooms and
other community settings.
with day-to-day operations of the Farm Education programs.
- Graduation for a recognized high school or equivalent and 1 year
volunteer or work experience working with children and/or the public.
- Ability to meet the travel demands of the position.
- Must have ability to learn how to drive van and horse trailer and
truck and livestock trailer.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as essential job functions
- Must be reliable and able to work independently.
- Must be able to work with other people.
- Ability to pass Motor Vehicle Screen
- A personal car may be needed for on-job transportation, with
reimbursement for mileage.
until position is filled
Download application at http://ccesuffolk.org/jobs
Send application, cover letter and resume to:
Suffolk County Farm & Education Center
350 Yaphank Avenue
Yaphank, NY 11980
who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Last updated April 18, 2017