Human Resources Manager
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: 423 Griffing Avenue
Benefits: Full benefits
Other: 40 hours per week
The Human Resources Manager for Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) of Suffolk provides high level leadership and management of the human resources operations. The position develops and maintains effective working relationships among staff, including CCE HR administrators and CCE Executive Directors within the region. This position works in conjunction with Extension Administration Human Resources. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the HR Manager exercises professional judgment, discretion, and confidentiality in leading the regional HR operations and facilitates successful policy/procedure changes driven by compliance requirement or local/regional/statewide need. Provides leadership to implement system-wide initiatives at a regional level, and remain consistent with Extension Administration guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience relevant to the role; or Associate’s degree and 2 years transferrable program/function experience.
- Experience in employee relations counseling, policy/procedure interpretation, managing recruitment, onboarding, promotion and separation, managing payroll, data/transaction oversight, and records management.
- Familiarity with Federal and State laws pertaining to human resources.
- Work well in a team setting and independently.
- Judgment, discretion, and confidentiality are critical to this position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- Must be able to work in a professional and collegial manner with colleagues at the local Association level as well as at Extension Administration.
- Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards, if required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
- Familiarity with CCE (Cornell Cooperative Extension) system.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written, and visual channels using traditional methods, as well as electronic technology such as WebEx, Skype and Zoom.
- Demonstrated ability to use recruiting and HRIS software.
- Ability to prioritize and balance time equitably.
- Familiarity/experience with Kronos payroll, and data transaction oversight on Workday.
- Internal and external customer service experience.
Link for contact section: https://cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCECareerPage/job/New-York-State-Other/LISBN-Human-Resources-Lead_WDR-00011680
Last updated July 21, 2017