Makes: 4 servings (2 tacos each)
1 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 lb white fish-any kind
8 small corn tortillas
1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- Mix onion, cilantro, and cabbage together in a bowl and set aside.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle fish fillets with chili powder and lay out on sheet.
- Place in the oven about 6 inches from the broiler and broil for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, or until fish is fully cooked. You will know the fish is done when it pulls apart easily when separated with a fork.
- Lightly fry tortillas on an oiled griddle or skillet, or heat tortillas in the microwave oven for just a few seconds until softened and hot.
- Fill tortilla with fish, cabbage, onion, and cilantro and fold in half. Serve with salsa and citrus slices, if desired.
Total Cost: $6.49
Serving Cost: $1.62
Source: USDA Mixing Bowl web site. ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education