Makes: 4 servings
1 cup broccoli (cooked chopped)
4 whole-wheat English muffins (sliced)
1 cup low-sodium pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, low-sodium
3 tablespoons carrot (shredded)
1 teaspoon low-sodium Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Toast the 8 muffin halves.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons pizza sauce over each English muffin half.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each half.
- Put 2 tablespoons broccoli and 1 teaspoon shredded carrots on top of each half.
- Sprinkle each half with 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese.
- Toast in the toaster oven for 2 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Total Cost: $2.95
Serving Cost: $0.74
Source: Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network Website