activity strengthens bodies and brains.
Bring It Home
- Do physical activities with your
child. Move in ways that adult humans don’t usually (but that little ones love
to). Walk forward, walk backward, walk sideways, jump, crawl, swing, and dance
with your child.
- Kick, roll or throw a ball.
- Include physical activity in your
child’s daily routine and be a role model yourself. Be sure to get outside, research shows that
just getting kids outside gets them moving more.
- Make physical activity a family
routine - establish traditions that involve physical activity, i.e. taking a
walk or bike ride after dinner each night.
- Provide good equipment for
physical play such as hoppers, scooters or tunnels.
Last updated September 14, 2017