Soil Health Programs
Soil Health Assessment Program and Testing Services
Seeking farmers interested in FREE soil health testing on their farm!
- Samples are collected and shipped by CCE Ag Stewardship/SWCD staff
- Samples are analyzed using Cornell’s Comprehensive Assessment of Soil Health (CASH) test (physical, biological, and chemical indicators)
- Results reviewed by the farmer and CCE Ag Stewardship/SWCD staff
- Recommendations given and management strategies to improve soil health discussed
Program Goal: evaluate, monitor, and educate farmers about soil health on their farm to facilitate the adoption of more practices that promote soil health.
Interested? Contact Debbie Aller (CCE-Suffolk) at firstname.lastname@example.org, 631-727-3595 or Corey Humphrey (SC-SWCD) at Corey.Humphrey@suffolkcountyny.gov, 631-852-3285
Program and Testing Services flyer
Soil Health Equipment Loan Program (Soil HELP)
Equipment Loans Begin March 2019!
- Reserve the equipment online or over the phone.
- Provide proof of insurance.
- An incidental deposit (refunded when equipment is returned).
- Adequate transportation to pick up and drop off the equipment at Dorothy P. Flint 4H Camp, located: 3186 Sound Ave, Riverhead, NY 11901
Equipment available for loan:
- Truax FLEX II No-Till Drill
- Unverferth Zonebuilder 132 (2-shank)
- Unverferth Zonebuilder 132 (4-shank)
- New Holland 145 Box Spreader
- Two ABI 50 cu. ft. Manure Spreaders with Ground Drive
- No-Till Transplanter
- I & J Roller Crimper
Program Goal: assist farmers in conserving and improving soil health long-term by offering conservation oriented agricultural equipment.
Interested? Contact Debbie Aller (CCE-Suffolk) at email@example.com, 631-727-3595 or Corey Humphrey (SC-SWCD) at Corey.Humphrey@suffolkcountyny.gov, 631-852-3285.
Loan Program flyer
Last updated July 26, 2019