Soil Health Programs
Soil Health Assessment Program and Testing Services
Seeking farmers interested in FREE soil health testing on their farm!
Program Goal: evaluate, monitor, and educate farmers
about soil health on their farm to facilitate the adoption of more
practices that promote soil health practices.
- CCE Ag Stewardship/SC SWCD staff consults with producer to learn past and current operations, and future goals.
- Samples are collected and shipped by CCE Ag Stewardship/SWCD staff
- Samples are analyzed using Cornell’s Comprehensive Assessment of Soil Health (CASH) test (physical, biological, and chemical indicators)
- Results reviewed by the producer and CCE Ag Stewardship/SWCD staff
- Recommendations given and management strategies to improve soil health discussed
Interested? Contact Emily Lindback email@example.com, 631-727-7850 ext. 206 or Kaitlin Shahinian at firstname.lastname@example.org, 631-852-3289
Soil Health Testing flyer
Soil Health Equipment Loan Program (Soil HELP)
Program Goal: assist farmers in conserving and improving soil health long-term by offering conservation oriented agriculture equipment.
- Reserve the equipment online or over the phone.
- Agreement and Injury Risk Waiver must be filled out and signed.
- Provide proof of insurance.
- An incidental deposit of $500.00 (refunded when equipment is returned cleaned and not damaged).
- Adequate transportation to pick up and drop off the equipment
- Equipment must be thoroughly cleaned of debris (mulch, seeds, mud, compost, etc.) before being returned.
Equipment available for loan:
- Truax FLEX II No-Till Drill
- Unverferth Zonebuilder 132 (2-shank)
- Unverferth Zonebuilder 132 (4-shank)
- New Holland 145 Box Spreader
- Two ABI 50 cu. ft. Manure Spreaders with Ground Drive
- Millcreek 406 Rowmulcher
Interested? Contact Emily Lindback at email@example.com, 631-727-7850 ext. 206
Equipment Loan Program flyer
Last updated August 3, 2023